LIFE AS I KNOW IT

3.07.2011

Review: Maybelline COLORsensational in 005 PINK SAND

Hi guys. :]

I'm finally going to attempt at my own official review, starting off with my purchase of Maybelline's COLORsensational in 005 PINK SAND from my purchase at Walgreens last week.

According to Maybelline website for Color Sensational Lip Color:
  • Crisper Color from pure pigments.
  • Creamier feel from nourishing honey nectar.
  • 48 captivating shades.
Price: 5/10
$7.49 found at local drug stores (CVS, Rite Aid, Walgreens). It's best if you can find it one sale.

Packaging: 5/10
Comes in a shiny, plastic tube with a pink/fuchsia colored cap.
To me, the cap is a bit loose, making the packaging not as sturdy. And, because the cover is a clear, colored plastic, it is easier to see scratches.



Wear: 7/10
Pink, sheer, and shimmery. It's not very pigmented, but when applied to my lips, the color really did come to be a light metallic pink.

When I first tired PINK SAND, I really didn't like it due to it's "shimmer", but after a while I ended up liking it. I would have preferred to not have the "shimmer" effect, but I'll live.
It goes on smoothly (I have very dry lips) and the color does lighten my original lip color.


Length of wear: 6/10

It didn't last much after eating my In-n-Out burger. (lol). A bit of the color is still there, but the shine and shimmer is gone.

In the end:
The good:
  • Goes on smooth and doesn't dry out my lips.
  • Nice tint of pink.
The not so good:
  • Packaging is cheap.
  • Too much shimmer for my liking.
  • Not work the original price.

OVERALL RATING: 6.5/10
I wouldn't mind trying a different color of this line, just as long as it doesn't have too much shimmer.

Thanks for reading! Hoping to post some more reviews soon. ^^
2 comments on "Review: Maybelline COLORsensational in 005 PINK SAND"
  1. Thank you for the review!!! Hmm doesnt really seem worth it so i guess i'll steer clear of it.

    Although i do like the color on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Mie You're welcome! Thank you for reading! <3

    Yeah, if you can find it on sale, I say give it a try, but if not, save your money! (Thanks, dear. ^^)

    ReplyDelete