LIFE AS I KNOW IT

8.29.2011

Birthday Recap Part 1: So much love.

Hello everyone! Guess who's finally done with school and not really ready to finally try and find a real job! haha. This past week was quite stressful in finishing up a two-page paper written in Japanese, as well as studying for a final that had a listening, writing, grammar, and kanji section, celebrating the birthdays of my 2 friends' and mine, AND ending the week off with memorizing two 3 minute skits with my partner, and performing one of the two as the "oral exam." (And this sensei is supposed to be the easy one! lol). It was all worth it though. So much love (and support) from family, friends, and you guys, my lovely readers~ ♥

I'm gonna split my birthday recap into 2 or so posts since I have so much to share with you guys. :D I've received so many lovely gifts which I'm so excited to use and try!


I LOVE CARDS. Such cute ones that I've received. :]


Kathy sent me a surprise birthday present two days before my actual birthday! I squealed when I saw it. She's so sweet!


She packed and wrapped it ever so nicely! I was sooo excited to open it...so unexpected! Wahh! :D


She sent me her favorite eyeliner which is the K-Palette 1 DAY TATTOO Real Lasting liner which I've read so many good reviews on! She also sent me the kawaii-est 5 piece Hello Kitty brush set which I have yet to take out of the box since it's so darn cute. XD AND!!! She sent me her extra TokiDoki spoons from Yogurtland in Hawaii since they had a TokiDoki promo time period.


Gahh, thank you so much, Kathy! You're like my make-up older sister here on Blogger. Though we have never met, we have so many things in common, and it still amazes me that I've found someone who has been through the same exact event, allowing the both of us to still be alive here today. ありがとう〜!♥♥ Please do check out her blog! :] (Oh yeah, and I have used the liner already...I just can't find it at the moment... :3)


From my "chingu dongseng". She's got the same kind of love for make-up as I do, and though I don't talk to her ask much as I'd want/like to, she totally read my mind with the bareMinerals mini-brush collection w/brush roll! Super cute!! She also gave me the Hello Kitty compact mirror! :D


(Not pictured: cute little box which I think I will use for my brushes?, cute memo list pad, AND the sweetest framed collage ever! keke)
From my "twinsie", a fellow travel buddy, and a great friend whom I've met in (I think) the 5th grade! We came from a very small private school where each grade consister of only 60 or so students. Who would have though that we'd share the same birthday!! Check out her blog here as well! Super cute multi-chained necklace! Can't wait to wear this with OOTDs! And~ she's a polish lover who loves Sally Hansen sooo~ she included Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear in "Midnight Sky" and "Twinkle, Twinkle" (I'm actually wearing a little bit of "Twinkle, Twinkle" right now~ so pretty!) I gave her the Chanel polish in "Peridot" so I'm hoping she'll have NOTD pics using it soon~ *hint hint*


From another friend who I've known since (I think) 2nd grade. She recently came back from teaching and studying in Korea and we've both reconnected and become great friends again. :] Yummy tea from Insa-dong!


From the friend I call "Yaya". :] She's part of the non-profit organization that I am part of as well. I met her in 2009 and we've been great friends since! She did give me the same Hellz Bellz shirt that I already have, but that's ok! That just means that I can wear the hell out of them. kkk. But aren't those Mickey Mouse earrings the cutest?? They seem so fobby and asian...I love! Can't wear to wear them out! She also gave me two China Glaze polishes: Crackle in "Oxidized Aqua" and this cute pink in "Flip Flop Fantasy". Yay!! More polishes!!


And last but not least, the present-o from my 親友, the one who I've known since 5th grade and have grown ever so close to over the many years of our friendship. ♥ Don't know what I'd do without her!!! /end chessiness. hehe. So, for her present, I looked on her tumblr and got her the UD 15th anni palette. ^^ And for mine, she knew that I've always wanted to try LUSH products but...just never bought any. lol. Oh my goodness, I LOVE the "Skin Drink" moisturizer so far! Haven't tried the Oatafix mask or the Ultrablard make-up remover YET, but I will! As well as the pore strips! Woot! Blackheads be gone! (Not pictured: crazy 8s card game for our next trip adventure, and a cute memo pad)


---- Can't wait to wear/use all of the gifts I've received! While receiving so many lovely presents, I've been celebrating my birthday non-stop with so many friends whom I've met in life, and all whom I'm so grateful to have in MY life. :]

Anyways...there will be a heck of a lot of reviews from and this blog to come! Now that I have more free time on my hands, I do hope to post more often! I have so many post ideas lined up in my head that have been backdated to...I don't even know when. Stay tuned!

Oh yeah, HAPPY SIX MONTHS TO MY BLOG! Wah! Even though I totally skipped the whole month of May, I'm so glad to have come back from my "hiatus" because I've come to realize that I really do love blogging and chatting with all of you. To many more posts to come! :D Thanks for all your support and love!
42 comments on "Birthday Recap Part 1: So much love."
  1. I hope you had a great birthday! You got some pretty awesome gifts!
    OMG, i so know how Japanese can be! The last week of classes is usually a pain. We have so many things to do and it can be so stressful. I will have upper division Japanese in the fall! I am so scared @_@

    ReplyDelete
  2. omgggg you got so many great HK goodies!!!! congrats on powering thru all that japanese! and yay for graduating! boooo for finding a job hahaha i am not having much luck T_T good luck though bb! FIGHTING!! ^o^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely gifts!

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I´m a new follower of your blog and I love it ^^ Hope you enjoy your birthday and those pretty presents!! :D *-*

    ReplyDelete
  5. so many good stuff to try! you're such a lucky girl tiff! :D i think you deserve all the love you got. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow! you've got amazing stuffs there, hun! Belated Happy Birthday to you!! hope you'd drop by my blog when you have the time :)

    Not Your Ordinary Beauty Queen

    ReplyDelete
  7. happy belated!! <3 you got such awesome presents!

    ReplyDelete
  8. happy birthday! You've received such lovely gifts so far! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. OHEMGEE SO MUCH HELLO KITTY GOODNESS <3

    i'm so freeking excited for you! LOL
    GAHHHH post reviews. will be waiting.
    i've been wanting to buy those HK sephora makeup brushes but.. i've been holding off
    please let me know if they are worth it :X

    ReplyDelete
  10. happy birthday hon!!! and happy 6 months to your wonderful blog :)!!

    omgosh that bare minerals fushia pink brush set is SOOO CUTE!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on finishing school!! 
    Woww!! Lots of AMAZING and cute pressies! HK!!! <3 ^_^ The Sephora Collection is adorable!
    Yayy for more blogging, can't wait for more posts :)
    Let me know if you want me to send out the oh so special palette yet, otherwise bear with me a while so I can add some more stuff to your package :D

    <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay no more school! Boo having to find a real job...

    Glad you liked the present. ^^  Hope you like the nail polishes and Sally Hansen as much as I do! :)  And I can't wait to see reviews of your LUSH stuff.  I want to go get some now, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow those are lovely!! happy birthday hun!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pink makeup brushes, how cool! Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Tiff, it's so cool that you're taking japanese and omg you're almost done! You do have awesome friends and family. They showered you will all these gifts. Those brushes are the cutest thing ever!

    and yeah dude I'm like obsessed with coupons haha. My bf just laughs at me, but we save a lot of money, so he's not complaining.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The Hello Kitty brush set is so cute! Congrats on graduating!

    ReplyDelete
  17. i know i'm late but HAPPY BIRTHDAY and HAPPY 6 MONTHS OF BLOGGING! LOL :D
    i also got the hello kitty brush set for my birthday.. i don't want to use it! it's tooo pretty! it's still in it's case! lol

    thank you for commenting on my last post!i have a new post about the jeffrey campbel lita dupe! hope you visit!

    ReplyDelete
  18. happy birthday and 6 months of blogging! the cards are really pretty i esp love the white black and blue one!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sounds like you had a brilliant birthday week! Lots of celebrations and presents! The best kind of birthday IMHO. Everything looks so cute. I love that Hello Kitty with brushes in it. Happy Belated Birthday, again! :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy belated birthday Tiffany! Hope you had a wonderful time! Your friends are so sweet to send you so many gifts. Everything looks so nice, especially the HK brush holder and set and pocket mirror - I'm so jealous! Looking forward to your reviews :D

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you, Rinny~ <3 I still have yet to use the HK brush holder set. heh heh

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yes yes and YES! <3 Thank you my dear. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank you so much! :D I like the design of that card too~ simple, but so pretty. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  24. THANK YOU SO MUCH!! <3 Hahah...me too! It's in the box and everything. XD We'll eventually have to use it...I guess. lol

    Aw, you're welcome. Ooh! Dupe? Link me to your blog if you can. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thank you, Becky!! <3

    LOL. I need to coupon it more often!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Yes~ so many pink brushes! XD Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Yes....BOO. lol

    I like them a lot! :D I want more...heh. I'm liking the "skin drink" a lot so far! Will hopefully post a review this week~

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thank youuuu! <3

    Take your time with sending the palette!! I haven't been doing much shopping lately so I have yet to find something for you. :] 

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thank you so much! <3 <3

    Hehehe~ it is!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Aw, welcome! <3 Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thank youuu! We'll be fighting to get jobs together. haha. <3

    ReplyDelete
  32. I did. ^^ Aww~ you'll do fine! Ganbatte~~~!!

    ReplyDelete