LIFE AS I KNOW IT

7.09.2011

Feature: What I've gotten recently! ^^ (+FOTD)

Before I get right into today's entry, I've implemented the Disqus commenting app for blogger because I really want to reply back to all comments made by you guys personally! ^^ (even though I dislike how all previous comments are erased...WAE?!?) - Thank you, Mai!

Hello lovelies! Are all of you having a great weekend? :] I worked this morning so I'm a wee bit tired. Weird since I've just recently been feeling really tired...but I'm alright. Thank you guys for all the recommendations for SPF/sunburn treatments. ♥ Starting today, it started to peel! Lol. Though that may sound a bit gross (gomen~), I've been waiting for this day. -sigh- A sign of healing; slowly, but surely.

Anyways, just wanted to show you guys what I've gotten recently in terms of mainly accessories, face masks, and uh...stickers? XD

Since I recently started my first summer class, the campus is right across the street with a plaza filled with stores that sell beauty products, accessories, and more. I've been trying to refrain myself as much as possible (for now), but I had to stop by at least one of the stores on my way home. :P


Picked up these 3 polishes from Sally's Beauty. I was super surprised when I got home and found out that the Finger Prints "Groovy Green" (my first from this brand) one and the China Glaze "Electric Pineapple" are both from their respective 2011 summer collections! Those two were quite a steal at $1.99 each, and considering I didn't have anything in my polish collection like it, I figured it was a good deal. Also, finally picked myself up my first China Glaze Crackle in "Platinum Pieces" for (I think) $6.


New shades I picked up from my last beach trip! Only $5~ definitely can't beat that. :D I also picked out this Hawaiian/island inspired cuff bracelet for $2. Both, perfect for those summer beach days. ^^


This past Wednesday after my class, I stopped by a vendor who was selling a whole bunch of earrings. They were $2 each, or 3 for $5, so I couldn't pass it up! I spent quite a while picking out the ones I really wanted...and I knew one of them had to be feather earrings. (I've been wanting some for quite a while!) OSM find of the day. IMO, these earrings are of same or even slightly better than F21 jewelry.


Today after work, I stopped by this small shopping/restaurant area before heading home to do some "swap" shopping (will give details later~ ^^) and picked up a few things for myself. :D Got some face masks by the Korean company "Naisture" in "Sweet Honey", "Moisture Green Tea", and "Lovely Strawberry." Will definitely let you guys know how I like/dislike them in comparison to the MBD masks. Also got a few stickers for future snail mail/cards/writings. I feel like...stickers really can add an extra personal and "cute" factor to cards and letter just like a piece of jewelry can really add to an outfit. (lol, I think I've been watching/reading too many fashion blogs :P)


Whenever I head over to this area, I almost ALWAYS have to stop by my favorite shop for accessories. I feel like they have the most unique/cute jewelry pieces that you won't find any where else. Got these earrings because I thought they were soo pretty and girly. You can't see in the picture, but the color of the stones are a mix of a really light pink/peach, with alternating shimmers stones as well. This place is my "go-to" store for jewelry gifts. Found this store last summer when I first started working at this job, and have been a loyal customer ever since (or at least when I...kind have the money to spend.) Their clothes selection is super cute too! If you're into Japanese fashion mags (not gyaru...though they also have a store for gyaru type clothing), they carry all similar types of styles. ^^

From yesterday - FOTD:

I wish I had the patience to curl my hair more often. heh heh. (Excuse that big bump near my right eye...TT__TT) Put my WnW "Sweet as Candy" in use! I'm starting to really like the colors in this trio since it provides a nice shimmer with a hint of color. Great for everyday wear as well. I used it again this morning before work. :]

Thanks for reading! Oh, and I also started KIND OF getting stuff together for a giveaway...but I plan to get a little here and there, so stay tuned! ♡
19 comments on "Feature: What I've gotten recently! ^^ (+FOTD)"
  1. Ah, you always know how to save my blog. XD THANK YOU SO MUCH! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a bargain! Electric pineapple looks great cant wait to see a NOTD :) also you really suit your hair all curled :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice little haul you got there. Oh, I so agree stickers are great for decorating letters and cards. I've got some myself and like sticking them all over parcels or cards I send out hehe

    So many people are changing to Disqus, I'm also thinking about it, but I'm so worried about it screwing up previous comments and such. Was your change ok? Easy to do?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, I need to go check out Sallys, I really want some of those Metallic Crackle polishes and wow the other two were $1.99, that is most definitely a steal. I love those Sunglasses too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. the earrings look so pretty! :3

    face masks are great too! :) i love using them. 

    i also like the shades! do a OOTD with it on ok? ^-^

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great haul! Its great that your sunburn is getting better :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you! I'm glad too~ waiting for it all to peel and recover...-sigh-

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks! I've been on the hunt for more accessories to add to my collection. ^^ I realized that the face masks leave my face feeling a bit sticky...but they're alright.

    Will doo! :]

    ReplyDelete
  9. You should!!!! Their red tag deals are surprisingly really good. I don't know how often they put out red tag items but, let me know if you find any more deals there. ^^ Thanks~

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Joey! :D hehe~ it's always fun to dress up a simple card/package with some stickers. I've always loved stickers as a child, and now I still like them...though they can be pricey at times.

    Oh you should! All you have to do is Go to Admin---> Tools ---> Import/Export and it should bring back all your old comments. It may take a few minutes for all the comments to fully load, but it works. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  11. hehe, thank you! My family immediately thought "Lady Gaga" when I first bought them. :P

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hehe, will try to do one soon! I thought the color was a bit bright but, I've grown to like it. It's a highlighter yellow...but it works. :D Aw thank you!! hehe. 

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really am glad I have my Mexican genes...haha. Seriously, I don't even tan. I was all day at a theme park, and it was 100 degrees outside. I forgot to apply sunscreen, and I didn't tan what so ever.My friends were awestruck!

    ReplyDelete
  14. *_* you've got skin of gold. lol. I usually can do that too, but the sun was extra harsh on me. =[ boo.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Platinum Pieces looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You always have cute accessories! Will you take me to your favorite shop one day, please? ^^

    ReplyDelete