Hello! I've got another review for you guys. Got this eyeshadow palette two weekends ago on sale at Ulta and I've been growing to like it more and more.
According to the NYC website about their "Metro Quartet" eyeshadow:
From superstar celebrities to sorority girls, it seems everyone wants smokey eyes, yet no one knows how to create them. That's why NYC New York Color has designed perfectly coordinated Metro Quartet Eyeshadow – a complete four coordinated eye shadow palette – to help you achieve that smoldering, sultry, smokey look for an equally smokin' price!
Suggested retail price: $3.99 -- 10/10
(I saw these at CVS, but I'm sure they're found at local drug stores and wherever NYC products are carried)
**side note: I picked this up from Ulta @ $1.99, but even at $3.99, it's still a great deal. I believe these are priced the same with the Wet 'n Wild palettes(?)
Very compact with an easy to open snap flip top. I like how the plastic part covers the shadows, displaying the areas of your eye/lid where each shadow is suggested to be used at, which makes it very easy to follow. I haven't used the brush, but it looks and feels sturdy.
Not very pigmented, but when using all shadows together, it gives a very natural "smokey-eyed" look that I love.
For the look:
- I used my ELF Professional Eyeshadow Brush for the "all over lid" grayish blue.
- Followed by that, I used the same brush for the very light and sheer pink highlight color.
- After that, I switched to using my ELF Defining Eye Brush (I have a very small crease) and used the "crease" color, which is a shimmery taupe.
- Then to end this "smokey-eye" look, I added the darker brown contour color to the corner of my eyes, and bring the color up to the edge of my lid, and then blending it out.
Length of wear: 9/10
After a long day, it stayed in place and didn't smear. The darker contour color faded a bit, but other than that, it pretty much stayed in tact.
In the end:
- Easy to use for every day.
- Creates a light, smokey-eye.
- Blends well.
- Great price.
The not so good:
- Not very pigmented alone.
- Fades a little throughout the day, but it's expected when on the go.
OVERALL RATING: 9.5/10
I really really REALLY like this shadow quartet. It's a great palette to use when in a rush and it's very easy to use. I'm no celebrity or sorority, but I'm loving this. :]