LIFE AS I KNOW IT

1.10.2018

Do. Or do not. There is no try.



Hello family, friends, internet browsers, lurkers, and all the like. Here I am, yet again, to accomplish a goal that I have long been trying to achieve. Wait - let me reiterate the most important part of my previous statement - “...to accomplish a goal that I have long been TRYING to achieve.” Trying - the action (or non-doing) of a specific goal or idea, but never fully committing. I have been setting resolutions ever since I could remember, always TRYING to be a better person than I was the previous year, feeling good just by thinking about TRYING to accomplish them.

TRYING is one thing, but more DOING not only brings new opportunities, but truly makes you feel good, productive, and happy. I always have a choice - to live the past, always thinking about my “what ifs” - or to make even the smallest change today, right now, bringing me one step closer to the life I have always dreamed of.  

Let me share a couple of my own life highlights from the past 2-3 years that have taught me some of life’s greatest lessons:

  • Establishing a professional career in social media and digital marketing.
  • Falling in love and marrying my partner for life.
  • Moving out and experiencing what modern “adulting” means.
  • Starting my YouTube channel of daily/random Tandy vlogs. (Subscribe if you haven’t already! More videos to come soon!)
  • Maintaining a healthy lifestyle. 
  • Traveling around the US and even Mexico.
  • Listening to audiobooks and podcasts.
  • Reading books. 
  • Picking up the basics of photography.
  • Getting over my fear of rollercoasters (or at least always reminding myself that if children ride it, I, too, can and will survive.)
  • Broadening my taste palette. 
  • Cooking.
  • Sitting down and enjoying my favorite TV shows.
  • Rediscovering the excitement of going to the movies.
  • + more

Well, here I go again, at the age of 29, posting this 10 days into the new year - but what has changed this time around? What has made me want to pick up where I left off and has motivated me to even write this post? A LOT of self-reflection, growing up, and most importantly, self-loving. This is my decision. 4th time’s a charm? To live a life of purpose, and to express myself through the art of writing - and whether you love it or hate it - this is me.  So here's to DOING.


3 comments on "Do. Or do not. There is no try. "