LIFE AS I KNOW IT

11.28.2011

A Shopping We Will Go! A Shopping We Will Go!

Black Friday shopping has been an ongoing tradition of mine for as long as I can remember. I've gone from midnight at the outlets, to 5am door buster freebies, to waking up when I want to and still braving the crowds with plenty of deals to still take advantage of. Thanksgiving and the holiday season wouldn't be complete without it for my mom and I. We're serious pros, don't you know? Yes, the crowds can be pretty hectic and crazy, but this year...it felt a bit more eased and relaxed. Though every turn was packed with wall to wall shoppers eager to get those deals on that sweater or those pair of shoes, a sense of excitement instills while being in the midst of it all (and I think my mom feels the same).

Here are my finds for Black Friday 2011. :]









Boots! I've been wanting and looking for a pair of brown boots, as I have a pair of black ones from this same brand. While browsing through this one shoe store, I wasn't even thinking of getting boots until I showed these to my mom. After deciding between this and another pair, we both though these could go for both casual and dressier outfits. WINNER! So in the end, we left with three pairs - one for mama, one for little brother, and these for my self. AND, after the coupon of $25 off total purchase, each pair came out to be $35. Score! I really love the dark contrast of the bordering around the entire boot along with the zippers. Guilty. Small details like these can really have me sold.


Cropped lounge pants from Aerie: I swear...these are the most comfortable pants that I've ever owned! They're quite thin, but suprising very warm and super soft. I can seriously wear these all day. And, for those lazy days when I don't feel like wearing jeans out to do simple errands, I know have the perfect pants to slip into.

Cream zipper shoulder sweater from Gap: I've been loving sweaters lately for the colder months and I find them perfect for the holiday season. I really liked the zipper detailing on each shoulder, and at 70%, I couldn't resist. Total came out to be around $15. Not bad right? Paired with my new boots and gray washed skinnies, I've got myself a holiday outfit!

I've also done some online shopping for gifts on Black Friday as well as today's Cyber Monday! But for the record, I think this is the most shopping I've done throughout the Thanksgiving weekend. I think I'm almost done with my Christmas shopping! Besides, braving the malls in December isn't such a great idea anyways.

What are some of the deals you guys found and took advantage of?

Here's an oldie, but a goodie to put you all in the Christmas spirit.
22 comments on "A Shopping We Will Go! A Shopping We Will Go!"
  1. Those boots are awesome - I want! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE those boots!!! I've been trying to find a nice pair, it's so hard lol.

    Eeee N*Sync!! <3 

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those boots are uber-cute :) Nice work! I was too chicken to brave shopping this past weekend

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice haul! I love the boots! It has a little heel, but doesn't look too high so that's it's uncomfortable. I love it!

    omg  N'Sync hehe that brings back so many memories

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your boots! You can never have enough.. I have gone boot-mad this year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. GREAT HAUL!!!!! love those boots :D i didn't even find anything in stores, but grabbed a few things online. ugh i hate waiting for them to arrive!!! its torturous lmao

    OMGGGGGG MY FAVE XMAS SONG! HEHEHEHE 

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha I do love stuff from Arie... I have a few pair of pants and tanks from there and they are comfortable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So comfy! It's hard to stop wearing them...heh heh.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks!! :D Aww, boo! Online shopping is a great alternative (minus the wait time for items to arrive :3). lol. Good things come to those who wait? :P

    HEHEHEHE!

    ReplyDelete
  10. THANK YOU! :D Ah, I wish I owned more boots. I think they really pull together an outfit. :D 

    ReplyDelete
  11. THANK YOU! :D Nope~ not too high at all. It is a bit stiff at the knee area but, I'm sure after I wear it and break them in...they should be fine.

    HEHE. I know, right? Oh man...good times!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much! :D Aw~ I'm sure you were nicely tucked away at home...and enjoying your holiday weekend. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  13. THANK YOU! :D Aw~ You should totally find some short booties to go along with your new black/white tights. :D

    <33!!! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh you're so lucky! I just can't with Black Friday at the mall. I did it once & didn't like it lol but you got some awesome stuff. Those boots are soo cute!! The deal you got on your sweater is amazing, I'm sure made the craziness well worth it too!  haha

    ReplyDelete
  15. SO CUTE!! those are the most adorable riding boots i have ever seen! i love that they're a little more unique than the typical riding boots you see on everyone! good buy :)!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you!! I love how they're a little more unique as well. Can't wait to wear them!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aw, Black Friday can be pretty crazy...not for the faint of heart. heh. Thank you though!! Yes~ well worth it! Until next year....^^

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great purchases! I still listen to NSYNC Christmas music as well!! hahah they were my favourite band before

    ReplyDelete
  19. loving all your buys! especially the boots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete